Introducing Virtual Payment Accounts (VPAs) as a delivery method
What is a VPA?
A Virtual Payment Account (VPA) is a unique identifier such as an email address, ID number or mobile number which allows you to send from, and receive money to, your bank account.
When sending money with a VPA, you won't need to provide your recipient's bank details.
Countries where you can send and receive money using a VPA
|Country||VPA Service Name|
How do I send money using a VPA?
You can send money using a VPA at a Ria store, through an authorized Agent or on Ria's app. You're unable to send money through a VPA on Ria's money transfer website.
When sending money to Brazil, China or India, the VPA service name will appear as an available Delivery method in the Ria App.
- Log in to your Ria account
- Choose the Destination
- Choose the Payout currency
- Enter the amount you're sending
- Choose how you you'll pay
- Choose the VPA service name as the Delivery method
- Choose your recipient, or add a new recipient
- Add your recipient's VPA details
What VPA details will I need to provide?
You'll need to provide the following VPA details, depending on where you're sending money to:
Brazil - PIX
- Choose the PIX ID type - either the recipient's mobile number, email address, CPF number or PIX
- Enter the recipient's PIX ID
China - Alipay
- Enter the recipient's Alipay ID
- Enter the recipient's National ID
India - UPI
- Enter the recipient's UPI address
- Choose the recipient's bank name