In this article we’ll cover scenarios and potential problems that can prevent your recipient from picking up their cash money transfer.
Money transfers that haven’t been paid out may be edited or canceled. You can edit the recipient on the app, or by contacting Customer Care, so that the payment can be picked up by someone else.
In this article, we’ll cover:
Problems recipients may face
The best way to avoid pickup complications is to ensure your recipient has everything they need before arriving at the payout location. Giving them accurate information is key when receiving a cash transfer.
Here are a few reasons that recipients may be unable to pick up their cash transfer.
Pickup location isn’t the one you selected
Verify if recipients need to go to a specific location, or just one of our partner locations. This is dependent on the country they live in. The pickup location can be found on your transfer receipt.
For more information on cash pickup locations, read:
Pickup location lacks funds
The pickup location may not have the funds available to give your recipient cash.
Senders, make sure that the location hasn’t canceled or requested your recipient go somewhere else. You’ll need to give this information to your recipient. Customer Service is only able to assist senders.
Order can't be found
If an order can’t be found in the pickup location’s system, it’s typically because the:
- PIN is wrong
- Recipient is at the wrong location
- Transfer is still processing in our system and hasn’t been released for pickup. We recommend that you track your transfer before your recipient goes to collect it.
- Transfer is on hold
- The transfer was not picked up within 21 days of being sent and it was canceled
Please check the transfer receipt and your email for correct information.
Your recipient needs a valid, government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the transfer.
- If the name doesn’t exactly match, the name on the transfer will need to be edited
- If their ID is expired, they’ll need to provide another valid form — like a passport
Transfers that can’t be picked up
Transfers that haven’t been paid out can be canceled. For more information about canceling a transfer, read: