Postepay is a service that lets you pay for your Ria money transfer in Italy using a prepaid Visa® or Mastercard®. You don't need a bank account to use a Postepay prepaid card.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Enabling a Postepay card for money transfers
- Paying with a Postepay card on the Ria app
- Authorizing the money transfer payment
Enabling a Postepay card for money transfers
Postepay cards aren’t automatically set up to pay for money transfers. This is something you must enable if you’d like to use your prepaid card as a future Ria payment method. Good news — it is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete using these instructions.
- Log in
- Tap Impostazioni carta
- Scroll to the Acquisti Online section
- Tap Scegli le categorie
- Checkmark Trasferimento Fondi
- Tap Salva to save your settings
- Enter your Postepay PIN (if asked)
Paying with a Postepay card on the Ria app
Once your Postepay card is enabled for money transfers, you can use it to send money from the Ria app.
- Tap Send money now or Send
- Choose Debit card as your Payment method (and enter other required transfer details). Tap Continue
- Select or add your recipient and tap Continue
- Add recipient’s payout information and follow prompts. Tap Continue
- Select your Postepay card from the payment method list
- Review details of the transfer, and tap Confirm
Authorizing the money transfer payment
You’ll now be alerted through a Postepay push notification that a payment has been made with your prepaid card. To authorize your Ria money transfer:
- Tap on the push notification to return to the Postepay app
- Tap Autorizza
- Enter your Postepay PIN and tap Confirm
Return to the Ria app. If everything was done correctly, your transfer will be created and sent to your recipient.
My money transfer was declined. What happened?
If your card is not 3DS enabled, your money transfer will be declined. 3DS, short for 3D Secure, helps prevent online fraud and keep your money secure. The authorization of the money transfer payment through the Postepay app is part of the 3DS process.
This guide will explain how to enroll in 3DS. After this is done, try the money transfer again with your Postepay prepaid card and the Postepay app.