Don’t have a bank account? We have you covered with the Ria eWallet — the newest way to send and manage money with Ria Money Transfer.
We have now launched Ria eWallet in Malaysia and are looking to expand in other regions, too. We’ll keep you posted!
What is the Ria eWallet?
Ria eWallet is a powerful new mobile wallet that allows you to store funds within the Ria Money Transfer app to pay for transfers — or even goods and services — directly from your phone. You don’t need a bank account to use the Ria eWallet; your mobile phone number acts as your eWallet account number.
To add funds, just deposit cash fee-free at your nearest Ria location.
Is the Ria eWallet affordable?
The Ria eWallet is very affordable. It’s fee-free to:
- Set up your Ria eWallet
- Deposit funds
- Withdrawal cash
- Make QR payments for goods and services
Transfer-related fees will be applied to money transfers when using the Ria eWallet as a payment method. Fees will be calculated during checkout.
Are there any limits?
You can have up to RM10,000 in your eWallet at any time. View the following charts for Ria eWallet deposit, withdrawal, and payment limits:
|Deposits between authorized agents and Ria stores cannot exceed:||6||RM25,000||20||RM100,000|
|Deposits between authorized agents and Ria stores cannot exceed:||3||RM10,000||20||RM50,000|
|Payment for Ria money transfer||3||RM10,000||15||RM25,000|
How do I set up the Ria eWallet?
It’s simple for you to set up your eWallet:
- Log into your Ria account or create a new one
- Successfully complete the identity verification process (if you haven’t done so already)
- Tap eWallet
- Tap Activate your eWallet
- Create your 6-digit wallet PIN
You’ll use this PIN to authorize your transactions. Learn how to set your PIN, here.
How do I deposit money into my Ria eWallet?
You have two options to add money to your Ria eWallet.
- Go to your nearest Ria store or authorized agents and request the store associate to add funds to your Ria eWallet. Provide your mobile phone number and cash to the associate, and your eWallet balance will be updated instantly.
- Deposit money into your Ria eWallet using JomPAY using your preferred online bank portal or ATM. Use our biller code: 723528
How do I send money from my Ria eWallet?
After your eWallet is activated and money has been deposited, select Ria eWallet as your Payment method, continue the Send money process, and follow all requested prompts.
How do I send money to another Ria eWallet?
Follow the steps below to send money to a Ria eWallet:
- Log in to the Ria app and click Send
- Choose Ria eWallet as the payment method
- Select the contact you want to send money to, or enter their phone number
- If the user's Ria eWallet is active, click Send
- Enter the amount you're sending and the reason for the money transfer
- Enter your 6-digit PIN
- Click Send to confirm the money transfer
What should I do if I've forgotten my eWallet PIN?
You can reset your eWallet PIN in the app. You'll just need your ID number.
How do I pay for goods and services with my Ria eWallet?
Shop at your nearest Ria QR-enabled store to buy goods and services with the funds in your Ria eWallet. Select Pay from the eWallet home screen, scan the provided QR code with the Ria app, enter the amount, and authorize the transaction. That’s it!
How do I withdraw cash from my Ria eWallet?
Go to your nearest Ria location and request the store associate to withdraw funds from your Ria eWallet. Just scan the provided QR code, enter the amount, confirm it within the app, and leave with your cash in hand.
Can I cancel my eWallet transfer?
Follow the steps in this article to cancel your eWallet transfer.
How will you refund me?
If your transfer is cancelled or rejected, we'll refund your money directly to your Ria eWallet.
Who can I contact if I need support?
Our Customer Care team in Malaysia is available to answer all your questions.