Just as you might need to provide some ID to open a bank account, as a financial institution, we ask you to show proof of identity so that we can keep your money safe.
A two-step verification process
You might need to complete one or two verification processes, depending on how much money you're sending. Once you've confirmed your transfer, you'll be directed to complete the necessary verification process.
- In the first instance, we might ask you to answer some questions and to provide identity information.
- The second verification process will be with Onfido. Through Onfido, you'll take a picture of a valid identity document and record a selfie video.
How to complete the second verification process
Before you complete the Onfido verification process, you'll:
- Verify your phone number with a one-time passcode (OTP)
- Verify your address
Once you've verified your phone number and your address, you'll follow the steps below to complete the identity verification process with Onfido.
1. Choose a valid identity document
Your identity document must be in date and match the name on your Ria account.
We only accept these documents as proof of identity:
- Your passport
- Your driver's license
- Your national identity card
- Your residence permit card
2. Choose the issuing country of the document you've chosen
3. Take a picture of the front of your document
- We need a 'real' photo - we can't accept scans, photocopies or photos of computer screens which show the document
- The photo must be in color
4. Confirm that your document is readable
'Readable' means that:
- The photo shows the full page and no information is covered (keep those fingers out of the way!)
- The photo is clear, not blurry or grainy
5. Now take a picture of the back of your document
- If your document is double-sided, you need to take a picture of both sides
- Click 'Submit my picture' if you're happy you've got it right
6. To make sure you are who you say you are, you now need to record a selfie video
- Keep your face within the oval frame
- Move your head as directed
- Speak out loud when you're prompted to
7. Submit your recording
- We'll let you know the outcome of your verification attempt
- You might find the article 'Why was my identity verification attempt unsuccessful?' helpful if something didn't went wrong