Due to government regulations, UK residents need to complete additional security steps to verify their address and identity.
When you go through the steps to set up your Ria account we'll try to verify your identity and your address from the information you provide. If we can't do this, we'll ask you to provide additional documents so that we can manually verify your identity and address.
This article explains which documents you can use.
What we need to manually verify your identity
We'll try to verify your identity automatically, but if we can't we'll ask you for a copy of one of the following valid identification documents:
- A valid Passport
- A valid full or provisional UK photo-card driving licence (we can only accept this if you didn't use it as your proof of address document)
- A valid full EU/EFTA photo-card driving licence
- A valid EU National Identity Card
- A valid UK Residence Permit (both sides)
What we need to manually verify your address
We'll try to verify your address when you provide it as you register for your account. If we can't verify your current home address from this information alone, you’ll need to provide one of the following documents:
- A residential gas, electric, water or landline telephone bill issued within the last 3 months (please note that we can't accept mobile phone bills)
- A valid full UK photo-card driving licence (only if you didn't use your driving licence as your identity document)
- A bank, building society, credit card or mortgage statement issued within the last 3 months
- A local authority bill issued within the last 12 months (i.e. a council tax bill)
- HMRC account statement or coding notice issued within the last 3 months (please note that we can't accept P45s and P60s)
- A Council Tenancy Agreement or Housing Association Tenancy agreement issued within the last 12 months
|Keep an eye on your inbox: we'll email you if there's anything else we need to verify your address or your identity.