If you’re sending a transfer from Australia, you have the option to use PayID as your payment method.
In this article, we’ll cover:
PayID, a payment form offered by Australian banks, allows you to send instant, secure transfers between bank accounts with an email address or phone number.
On the Ria app, senders in Australia are able to fund their transfers using PayID. This option appears under the Payment method menu when you start a transfer.
Paying for a transfer with PayID
It’s simple to pay for your money transfer with PayID.
On the app:
- Start a money transfer
- Choose PayID in the Payment method field
- Follow the prompts to complete the transfer and tap Confirm
- Review the Pay with PayID screen and follow the directions
- Go to your banking portal and select the PayID option
- Enter Ria’s PayID. It will be an email address
- Enter the correct transfer amount and complete the process, there is no need to enter a reference
It’s important to understand:
- If you don’t complete your transfer by midnight, it will expire. Expired transfers can be resent from the Activity screen.
We will not be able to process your transfer if the amount entered into the banking portal (Step 7) is wrong. If you paid the wrong amount, the payment will be returned to your account and you can try again by entering the correct amount.
- Some banks may delay your payment. Ria will only process your transfer upon confirmation that your payment has been received.
To learn more about other payment methods in Australia, read: