Using a bank account to pay for transfers is a great way to avoid the fees associated with credit and debit cards. Transfers funded with verified bank accounts will typically arrive in 3-5 business days.
In this article we’ll cover:
Paying with a bank account
You can send money using a bank account from both the app and website.
On the app
- Tap Send money now or Send
- Choose Bank as your Payment method (and enter other required transfer details). Tap Continue
- Select or add your recipient and tap Continue
- Add recipient’s payout information and follow prompts. Tap Continue
- Select a bank account or Add a new payment method. Follow verification prompts if asked. [Anchor to “Verifying your bank account] Tap Continue
- Review details of the transfer. If everything looks accurate, tap Confirm
On the website
- Choose Bank under How will you pay? (and enter other required transfer details). Click Continue
- Select or add your recipient
- Add recipient’s payout information and follow prompts. Click Continue
- Select a bank account or click ADD. Follow verification prompts if asked. [Anchor to “Verifying your bank account] Click Continue
- Review the transfer details, and click Send money
Verifying your bank account
After confirming the transfer, you may be asked to answer additional questions, depending on the country you live in. If you chose to send from a bank account, you may be asked to verify it. Your money will only be sent from bank accounts that are verified.
For more information on the bank account verification process, read: